The Box
Life has its fill of worries and fears
They stack up in my mind over the years
Taking a toll on my happiness today
When all that I want is a quick getaway
So I’m taking my thoughts of negative things
Placing them in a box all tied up with strings
For there’s far too much baggage I have collected
Too many things in my own life neglected
The jobs that I worked way back long ago
Where there was no appreciation to show
The bosses that wronged me whenever they could
Promising me gold but delivering wood
Relationships that ended for no reason apparent
I’ll admit I contributed to the situation aberrant
The friends I have lost over differing views
Mistakes from my youth that still bring the blues
The box will be large, of that I’ve no doubt
But once they’re locked in I’ll remove those fear’s clout
It seems like the best way to begin
To enjoy my own life and let happiness in
Untitled
It was so long ago but still I recall
The moment we met and I took a fall
Your eyes held a fire as bright as the sun
‘Twas the moment my life had truly begun
Our hearts seemed in sync with the very same song
But you were involved, the timing was wrong
A couple years later the shoes were reversed
Sadly for us, our romance was cursed
But the memory remains after so many years
You taught me to live without all the fears
To follow my dreams where ever they led me
Unchain my heart and always love freely
Yesteryear
Sometimes I’d like to return to the days
Of my lost carefree youth and wandering ways
Where the future was nothing but some faraway place
And yesterday was gone from my mind with no trace
A time when I loved without all the scars
Always looking upward and staring at the stars
Back when I had time to sit near a fire
Thinking about to what I could aspire
Friendships came easy and time passed by slow
Very little of the world back then did I know
I didn’t know hatred, had no use for fear
Knew that I’d live for forever and a year
Each day was new and warm like the sun
Full of possibilities before it had even begun
Perhaps ‘twas a time when I was naïve
But I always back then had an ace up my sleeve
I knew what was right, I knew what was wrong
If I missed an opportunity, another would come along
Sadly, I know that the world’s still the same
I just let the fire in my soul become tame
Ken Maxon
No comments:
Post a Comment